Galactic Pulse Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An academy where you can come and learn... Or just hang around on our chatbox

HomeWikiaLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to GPA!
Join the new RP now: The Rules
Read the latest updates: What's new?
Latest topics
» The Academy Card Shop
One can win.... EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 am by ! Rescue Kitty !

» Shadow's Memoirs
One can win.... EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 am by Shadow X-Calibre

» My new dorm
One can win.... EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm by Fairytail123

» Ulimited Format Tournament
One can win.... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:06 pm by Fairytail123

» *END OF YEAR TEST - COMPULSORY*
One can win.... EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:42 am by Shadow X-Calibre

» You are Mine Here xD>
One can win.... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 pm by Fairytail123

» New Banlist Anyone?
One can win.... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:48 am by Shadow X-Calibre

» GOGETA IS BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:57 am by Gogeta7133

» Gogeta Dorm Room
One can win.... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 am by Gogeta7133

Top posters
Shadow X-Calibre (294)
One can win.... Vote_lcapOne can win.... Voting_barOne can win.... Vote_rcap 
Gogeta7133 (121)
Heroic Challenger Spartas (92)
Yami Paladin (81)
! Rescue Kitty ! (69)
Fairytail123 (65)
BananaMan-Vali_O (34)
black ray furix (12)
Chaos Lord Santa II (8)
Rei (7)
*END OF YEAR TEST - COMPULSORY*
One can win.... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:25 pm by Shadow X-Calibre
Information:

Every single member (aside from Admins and Mods, they can participate if they want) MUST duel in this tourney. I keep hearing that we have too many Blues and Crimsons, so, this is where you will be tested to see if you actually deserve it. All members without dorms, you have nothing to lose! It's Red-Gold for you, although, Admins, I would prefer it if they were tested, but it's not …

Comments: 2
New Banlist Anyone?
One can win.... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:43 pm by Shadow X-Calibre
It has come to my attention (after watching duelists drop one-by-one) that most duelists HATE the new banlist. However, with the new Unlimited section, we can run any card x3. The only problem with this is that we run into a lot of OTKs/FTKs, which, also, removes the fun.

So, I was thinking, as an Academy, we could make our own banlist, obviously, to use in Unlimited. It would be a democratic …

Comments: 2
*Latest Updates to the Academy*
One can win.... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 am by Shadow X-Calibre
Okay, first thing is first. I've added new emoticons! W00T! Happeh!

Also, Zeroto has finished working on the Navbar up there, so we now have a customised one! Happeh!

I've now requested that he make medals for certain stuff.

Not to mention, pay close attention Admins, Admins can have ANY amount of DP they want to start with, and can have a dorm if they want to (they don't need testing, but no …

Comments: 0
What would you like to see in this academy?
One can win.... EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:08 pm by Shadow X-Calibre
Easy, basic, simple question. What would make this academy interesting (in your opinion)?

*Recruiting*
One can win.... EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:00 pm by Shadow X-Calibre
Okay, it seems the Recruitment Tournament isn't getting anywhere, so, I'll start this before the tournament starts.

Here's how it goes:
We need more members, so, this is my quick way of boosting members. If you recruit 5 members, as well as the regular reward, you will gain 500DP AND you will go up 1 dorm. If you recruit 10 members, you will gain 1000DP and go up to Gold instantly.

However, …

Recruitment Tournament
One can win.... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:59 am by ! Rescue Kitty !
Ok... Here's what's happening:
I am going to host a Recruitment tournament sometime this week or next week.
You need to be a member here to join the tourney so get all your friends and other people to sign up, they don't have to be tested though. The contestants get prizes for competing in the tourney and joining here.

So far these are the current prizes:
1st and 2nd Place : Auto Utopia Gold …

Comments: 5
*RECRUITMENT REWARD SYSTEM*
One can win.... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:03 am by Shadow X-Calibre
When you recruit a member, they get tested, get given a dorm and then confirm here, you receive 50DP. Once you have recruited 5 members with the above process, you gain an extra 250DP. Also, when you get to 10, 15, 20 etc. you gain the extra 250DP.

However, ask them if they want to join at the END of the duel, so you can assess their attitude. Don't recruit anyone if they are ill-mannered and …

One can win....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rei

DN Username : Light Joan
DP : 1200

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 am

without an extra deck.

This is a deck I used in test.

https://i.imgur.com/q9yue.jpg

Ay suggestions will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Shadow X-Calibre
Admin
Shadow X-Calibre

DN Username : DuelProX5000
RP Name : Professor (Alexander) Skylark
DP : 830

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 am

However, it would help you greatly if you had an Extra Deck.

First up, it's best to have 3 Pot of Duality, it just helps sometimes. Also goes with Secret Village, Grimoire and Royal Decree, you need 3 of each.

If you have monsters that aren't Spellcasters in there, there's no point in adding Solidarity, and United We Stand is also a bit meh.

I don't like the Charmers either. Perhaps the Possessed Charmers are okay, but the flip effect Charmers won't last 5 mins against Dark Worlds and Inzektors.

Dark Magician Girl is pretty pointless too, just there as a beatstick.

If you want DARKs for BLS, add Doomcaliber Knight, that's pretty good. I'd take out the 2 Necro Gardna (as they will banish themselves, making them useless for BLS, and you have no easy way of ditching them).

Finally, I'd remove 1 Necronomicon book and add 1 Torah.

That should work. Happeh!
Back to top Go down
Rei

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 am

And it turns out you aren't that awesome after all.
Back to top Go down
Shadow X-Calibre
Admin
Shadow X-Calibre

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 am

Rei wrote:
And it turns out you aren't that awesome after all.

Whaddya mean? Sad
Back to top Go down
Rei

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 am

Well, apparently all people care about is win:loss ratio and win condition. Originality became more and more ignored....and this game isn't a game anymore, it's a race for power.
Back to top Go down
Yami Paladin

Yami Paladin

DN Username : Yami Paladin
RP Name : Gabriel Michaelangelo
DP :
Location : England (And no I don't drink tea and eat crumpets.)

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 am

Shadow X-Calibre wrote:
However, it would help you greatly if you had an Extra Deck.

First up, it's best to have 3 Pot of Duality, it just helps sometimes. Also goes with Secret Village, Grimoire and Royal Decree, you need 3 of each.

If you have monsters that aren't Spellcasters in there, there's no point in adding Solidarity, and United We Stand is also a bit meh.

I don't like the Charmers either. Perhaps the Possessed Charmers are okay, but the flip effect Charmers won't last 5 mins against Dark Worlds and Inzektors.

Dark Magician Girl is pretty pointless too, just there as a beatstick.

If you want DARKs for BLS, add Doomcaliber Knight, that's pretty good. I'd take out the 2 Necro Gardna (as they will banish themselves, making them useless for BLS, and you have no easy way of ditching them).

Finally, I'd remove 1 Necronomicon book and add 1 Torah.

That should work. Happeh!

Are you not a man!?
DMG Is the model of the game!
Back to top Go down
Yami Paladin

Yami Paladin

DP :

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 am

Rei wrote:
Well, apparently all people care about is win:loss ratio and win condition. Originality became more and more ignored....and this game isn't a game anymore, it's a race for power.

You've kinda taken it to the extreme, the people who do run meta etc only do it because other people do, we all have fun decks for fun duels, but those aren't the memories you share...
Back to top Go down
Rei

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 am

Well, I admit, I confronted too many meta decks, so I am a little mind warped.....
Back to top Go down
Shadow X-Calibre
Admin
Shadow X-Calibre

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Yami Paladin wrote:
Rei wrote:

You've kinda taken it to the extreme, the people who do run meta etc only do it because other people do, we all have fun decks for fun duels, but those aren't the memories you share...

Rei is right, the game is mainly about winning now, decks that lack strategy, just the same boring moves over and over, all autopilot decks. I remember the time that everyone used strong decks that forced you to think on your feet, like Quasar. Losing to a Quasar deck is fun, because trying to figure out how they're gonna Quasar and how to stop it is fun.

But, perhaps, as Yami said, that is a bit extreme. You want people to stop using cookie-cutter decks? You use a deck that's stronger than a meta deck but doesn't run on autopilot and is also fun to use and face (because you need to consider your opponent too, otherwise it's basically just another of the same with a different strategy). Yami, you saw my Tele-DAD deck yesterday, what did you think of that?

I nearly beat a Wind-Up deck, and I could have if they didn't have Veiler, but, the best duelists don't give in when they feel that they can't duel much longer, they keep fighting to find the deck that can resurrect this game to the standards of the last banlist. Do you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Yami Paladin

Yami Paladin

DP :

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Shadow X-Calibre wrote:
Yami Paladin wrote:
Rei wrote:

Rei is right, the game is mainly about winning now, decks that lack strategy, just the same boring moves over and over, all autopilot decks. I remember the time that everyone used strong decks that forced you to think on your feet, like Quasar. Losing to a Quasar deck is fun, because trying to figure out how they're gonna Quasar and how to stop it is fun.

But, perhaps, as Yami said, that is a bit extreme. You want people to stop using cookie-cutter decks? You use a deck that's stronger than a meta deck but doesn't run on autopilot and is also fun to use and face (because you need to consider your opponent too, otherwise it's basically just another of the same with a different strategy). Yami, you saw my Tele-DAD deck yesterday, what did you think of that?

I nearly beat a Wind-Up deck, and I could have if they didn't have Veiler, but, the best duelists don't give in when they feel that they can't duel much longer, they keep fighting to find the deck that can resurrect this game to the standards of the last banlist. Do you know what I mean?

Hoorah for you losing the point!
Rei is sick of meta, and thinks that's all you do, I then told her that we all have original decks.
Back to top Go down
Shadow X-Calibre
Admin
Shadow X-Calibre

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Yami Paladin wrote:
Shadow X-Calibre wrote:
Yami Paladin wrote:
Rei wrote:

Hoorah for you losing the point!
Rei is sick of meta, and thinks that's all you do, I then told her that we all have original decks.

And I'm telling you both that there's no way to get rid of meta unless you make something better...
Back to top Go down
Yami Paladin

Yami Paladin

DP :

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 am

We already know, that... I miss my dark magician....
Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Shadow X-Calibre
Admin
Shadow X-Calibre

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:40 am

Yami Paladin wrote:
Sad Sad Sad

As in, you miss using playing him? Yeah, I miss mah Sephylon. Sad

But, we can only get our freedom when we fight our way through 'til September, then see what that brings us.
Back to top Go down
Yami Paladin

Yami Paladin

DP :

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:46 am

Shadow X-Calibre wrote:
Yami Paladin wrote:
Sad Sad Sad

As in, you miss using playing him? Yeah, I miss mah Sephylon. Sad

But, we can only get our freedom when we fight our way through 'til September, then see what that brings us.

Yeah the banlist must work for a change.
Fat chance...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One can win.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can win....   One can win.... Empty

Back to top Go down

One can win....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galactic Pulse Academy :: Off-Topic :: Screenshot Gallery-
Jump to: